Monday, January 24, 2011

Dear 2011,

     So far I love you. I think we are going to get along swimmingly. You are the best year yet! I will admit, those first few days I was  a little nervous. You provided some practically poisonous air that made my eyes water and my lungs protest, and you hid the sun from me for a while. But I am so glad that we got past that spell of grumpiness and have now moved on to amazingly wonderful things.
     For example, I adore this springtime-ish attitude you have adopted. I was ecstatic to receive your gift of rain. In January. Rain in January! Plus, PLUS, the jacket weather and sunshine? You are the best. They all keep telling me that it is going to pass and there will be a bounty of snow and ice and frozen noses. Pessimists. That's what I have to say. But also I will forgive you if you must return to icy air and dangerous, snow covered streets. Because sometimes that is necessary. And the amount of warm air and sunshine and bare grass that you've given so far is the best present ever!

    
     Also, thank you for the absolutely glorious sunsets. Really, they have been so amazing.
     So, since you have been so fantastic to me so far, I will give you a gift in return! I promise to be better about toting along my camera and documenting your awesomeness. Because your awesomeness definitely needs to be documented. Also I will spend less time at Walmart and other such nonsense places for because it is a challenge to document said awesomeness from Walmart parking lots.
     I will also promise to remember that you can't be all awesomeness, and will therefore not get upset when you fall a little short of the ideal. Because that happens sometimes.
    Soooo....I can't wait to see what other sorts of awesome you bring on!

Kisses,
Christina Joy

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you started a blog! You are beautiful and so are your words!

    More, more!

    ReplyDelete