Monday, July 4, 2011

Has it Been a Week Already?

I can't believe it's Monday again already! It has been such an amazing week. We all went to to Taichung for church yesterday. The English speaking branch here is only 40 to 50 people big and ten of those people are the teachers at Berhan. The relief society and primary presidents are Destiny and Kiri, both of whom are leaving this week, which means we are all probably crossing our fingers that we don't get those callings, haha :) But I am so glad that I was able to go yesterday. My remaining fears and doubts about my decision to come here to Feng Yuan have dissipated and I feel completely at peace with where I am and what I am doing. This morning when I woke up and walked out to the hall and saw the sun over the mountains I truly felt like I was home. I am so grateful to be having this experience right now and I know that I have so much to learn and so many ways to grow while I am here.

We got our teaching assignments today and I was actually very surprised by the classes I have been assigned to teach. I teach afternoon kindergarten Monday through Friday, 2nd level elementary a few days a week, and I also have both a junior high and high school writing class. It is a wider spectrum of age than I was expecting and I didn't realize that anything above elementary was taught here, but I am so excited to start. I know that I am going to love this. I have the best feeling about it and I am so glad that I get to work with older kids too! Hooray!

Also, since I tend to skimp on the writing...and on the photos, here are a few links to some of the other teachers' blogs. They are a lot better about mentioning the little things and posting more photos. I am too much of a perfectionist to post unedited photos, and I think that I will be busy enough that I won't want to spend hours on a single blog post. These girls are amazing and I think it will be fun for you to see it from their perspectives too (plus you will have a slightly better idea of what really goes on over here), so check out their blogs!

Rachel- Pink Lemonade
Kylie- taiwantaradiddles
Kaylee- How Did it Get Late So Soon?
Heather- The Time of My Life
Kendra- Oh, The Places You'll Go

I haven't taken very many photos in the last two days, but here is one from the roof of the school at night. Apologies. My nighttime photography skills are found to be lacking.


No comments:

Post a Comment