Friday, July 8, 2011

Oh, Kindergartners, You Might be the Death of Me

Today was my first day teaching. Yay? Okay, it wasn't that bad. I really liked my junior high writing class. And one of the kindergartners gave me a cute picture.
Rachel and I are supposed to have 17 kids in that class, but only five showed up today. We had to split them up into two groups so then we only had two or three at a time. They were all pretty cute, but one of them had waaay too much energy and another was kind of a mini terror. But I think that's relatively normal for eight year old boys (why do they call this kindergarten??). I really hope that class gets better because we have it five days a week for three hours each day. Help.



I'm pretty excited for my junior high writing classes. I think they are going to be a lot of fun, even though they still make me nervous. And I couldn't get them to talk very much. When they finally did it was so soft I couldn't even hear them. I swear I'm going deaf. I am so getting my hearing checked when I get back to the states. Anyway, they are really cute, smart kids and I am going to learn a lot from teaching that class.
Sleepy time. I have to teach a second grade class in the morning :)                           

No comments:

Post a Comment